Hours of Operation
The school day will be from 9:00 to 16:00, Monday through Friday.
Before school care will be available from 7:30 to 9:00.
After school care will be available from 16:00 to 17:00.
LIFE Preschool will be an English immersion program. As each child is exposed to the English language in a variety of settings, they will be encouraged and supported in their understanding and development. In order to begin reading and performing other academic tasks, the child must first gather meaning from his or her world and develop an awareness of concepts.
To gather meaning from his or her world, the child must have many satisfying sensory and motor experiences—touching, feeling, smelling, hearing, and seeing. The child interprets the sensory experiences and perceptual development follows, which is a prerequisite for developing the mind.
Each child will participate in a variety of age-appropriate activities such as:
- Working with paints, play dough, crayons, blocks, and other age appropriate manipulative materials.
- Story time, poems, drama, and books.
- Learning to share, take turns, plan, work, and play with others.
- Learning to respond rhythmically to music through listening and singing.
- Learning good health habits.
- Activities for large muscle development like crawling, jumping, and running and climbing outside.
- Time and room to explore, experiment, discover, play, and be a child.
We will use a curriculum which is planned around themes with age appropriate learning centers and activities. Language development, math skills and exploring creation (science) will be integrated with thematic story units. We will use guided play, tactile centers, games, dramatic play, music, and art. Library resources will supplement the curriculum and enhance a love for reading. Themes will also include character development such as sharing, cooperating, showing love, and extending forgiveness.