LIFE Preschool is an English immersion program. As each child is exposed to the English language in a variety of settings, they are encouraged and supported in their understanding and development. To begin reading and performing other academic tasks, a child must first gather meaning and develop an awareness of their world.
To gather meaning from his or her world, the child must have many satisfying sensory and motor experiences—touching, feeling, smelling, hearing, and seeing. A child interprets the sensory experiences which facilitates the development of the mind.
Each child participates in a variety of age-appropriate activities such as:
- Working with paints, play dough, crayons, blocks, and other age appropriate manipulative materials.
- Story time, poems, drama, and books.
- Learning to share, take turns, plan, work, and play with others.
- Learning to respond rhythmically to music through listening and singing.
- Learning good health habits.
- Activities for large muscle development like crawling, jumping, and running and climbing outside.
- Time and room to explore, experiment, discover, play, and be a child.
We use a curriculum which is planned around themes with age appropriate learning centers and activities. Language development, math skills and exploring creation (science) is integrated with thematic story units. We use guided play, tactile centers, games, dramatic play, music, and art. Library resources supplement the curriculum and enhance a love for reading. Themes include character development such as sharing, cooperating, showing love, and extending forgiveness.